I am a Health & Wellness Educator and Speaker specializing in creating Mindfulness programs for businesses, health & wellness organizations, and schools.
I first discovered the mind and body benefits of mindfulness while working for many years in a corporate management profession where stress levels were high. This discovery led me to want to bring mindfulness to my own two children who at the time were also experiencing stress within the fast paced environment and curriculum of elementary school. After becoming certified and spending time teaching children and teens in schools and with families, I realized the need to teach adults in order to promote wellness to those responsible for overseeing the children.
I hold a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and have completed over 1000 certified adult and children’s Yoga Alliance training hours. I am certified through the Chopra Center for Wellbeing in the Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga and Primordial Sound Meditation and am one of 1200 teachers in the world certified to teach Dr. Deepak Chopra’s method of yoga and meditation. I currently teach these programs through workshops and webinars and can also be found assisting at Chopra retreats throughout the world.
I have taught and created mindfulness programs in public and private schools throughout the Bay Area for the last ten years. During the last six years, I travelled throughout the world for YogaKids International teaching mindfulness workshops to healthcare providers, educators, parents, and yoga teachers. In addition, I created an online version of the YogaKids Foundations training program enabling participant’s worldwide access and video instruction for new YogaKids Trainers.
I have led mindfulness sessions at strategic and employee education meetings within high tech and healthcare companies such as VMware and Singulex Inc. I have even traveled to places like Haiti with Life is Good Company and Ananda Marga Universal Relief Teams (AMURT) to teach Haitian professionals to bring mindfulness into the local schools and businesses.
I feel that my education, certifications, and experience give me the information and tools needed to educate and inspire adults, children, and teens, to be healthy and strong in body and mind, and to know that they are in control of manifesting what they want for their futures.
E-RYT500, CYKT, RCYT100, MBA
- Candidate for a Masters in Counseling Psychology with a concentration in Somatic Psychology, with the intention to become a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (MA completion 2022).
- Experienced (2000 teaching hours completed after certification) and Registered Yoga Alliance Adult Yoga Teacher with at least 500 certified hours since 2019.
- University California, Berkeley, The Greater Good Science Center: Building Prosocial Classrooms & Schools Toolkit Focus Group participant, The Art & Science of Awe Workshop – June 2016, Summer Institute for Educators Credential – July 2015, The Science of Happiness 8 week course – October 2014.
- Chopra Center for Wellbeing certifications: Primordial Sound Meditation and Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga (200 certified hours) since 2015.
- Adult Yoga Teacher with 500 Registered Yoga Alliance training hours: 200 training hours in 2011 with Diane Valentine (including Dennis Egan & Judith Lasater) founder of The Yoga & Movement Center in Walnut Creek, CA. (http://www.yoga-movement.com/) and 300 hours with Kate & Jim Coughlan founders of Downtown Yoga in Pleasanton, CA, (http://pleasantonyoga.com/) since 2014.
- Certified YogaKids Teacher – since 2009
- Children’s Yoga Teacher 100 Registered Yoga Alliance training hours since 2009
- Master of Business Administration 1996
Yoga for Life offers mindfulness, meditation, and yoga to adults, kids, teens, seniors, special needs and at-risk youth and is located in Danville, California. Yoga for Life serves the Bay Area including (but not limited to) Berkeley, Oakland, Antioch, Pittsburg, Concord, Orinda, Pleasant Hill, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, Alamo, Danville, San Ramon, and Dublin.